About Mary Harmon Young
Mary Harmon Young is an award-winning REALTOR® in Tuscaloosa County, Alabama known for her market knowledge, expertise and exceptional customer service. Born and raised in Tuscaloosa and a graduate of The University of Alabama, she is a life-long citizen that enjoys helping bring new families to the community and helping current residents relocate in Tuscaloosa County. Mary Harmon has a passion for Real Estate. Mary Harmon was recognized by REALTOR® Magazine as one of 2017 Class of 30 under 30! On a local level she has been awarded the Tuscaloosa Association of Realtors Arthur B. Pope Award for Education, and then was awarded the Statewide Award by The Alabama Association of Realtors. Mary Harmon is in the top 5% of agents in West Alabama MLS and named Presidential Circle Award Winner for excellent sales performance placing Mary Harmon in the top 5% of all agents nationwide too! In July of 2016, REAL Trends announced Mary Harmon was included in the Top 50 Agents in Alabama, Tuscaloosa News named her “Best of The Best” REALTOR®!
Mary Harmon enjoys participating in community service. She is a member of First United Methodist Church and a board member of the Community Soup Bowl.
Mary Harmon is an active participant in the Tuscaloosa Association of REALTOR® association and a participant on a local and state level. She also serves on several local committees for the Tuscaloosa Association of REALTORS®.
Mary Harmon strives to keep up-to-date on all real estate issues through continuing education. She has studied and completed several real estate designations including Accredited Buyer Representative (ABR), Short Sales and Foreclosure Resource (SFR), and a CRS – Certified Residential Specialist.
Although real estate is her career, and community involvement is her passion, Mary Harmon’s top priority is her family. She enjoys spending time with her children, John Thomas and Sadie Grace, and her husband, Jay, who owns Toulmin Cabinetry where he is the Owner and Principal Designer at Toulmin Cabinetry, where he designs kitchens, bath, and outdoor living spaces. You can follow his blog at Toulmincabinetry.com/blog.
- Member Tuscaloosa Association of REALTORS®
- Member Young Professionals Network
- Member Tuscaloosa Association of REALTORS® Government Affairs
- Member Alabama Association of REALTORS® Professional Standards Committee 2017
- Member Junior League of Tuscaloosa
- Member Leadership Tuscaloosa 2011
- 2009 Graduate of The University of Alabama with a Bachelor’s Degree in Communication Studies
- 2007 Fellow of The Blackburn Institute, A Network of Ethical Leaders in Alabama
Real Estate Designations & Relocation Certifications
- ABR: Accredited Buyer Representative
- SFR: Short Sales and Foreclosure Resource
- CRS: Certified Residential Specialist
- RCC: Residential Construction Certified
- CNHS: Certified New Home Specialist
- Relocation Inventory
- Marketing Assistance
- Destination Services
- e-PRO (Internet Professional Certification)
- eCertified® – (superior knowledge in use of internet for communication and Commerce)
- Arthur B. Pope Education Achievement Award (2011) – Tuscaloosa Association of REALTORS®
- REALTOR® Magazine – 2017 Class of 30 under 30
- Tuscaloosa News – 2017 “Best of The Best” REALTOR®
- State of Alabama – Alabama Association of REALTORS® Arthur B. Pope Education Achievement Award (2011)
- 2012 West Alabama Chamber of Commerce Bright Future Award Recipient
- 2012 Honor Society Award Recipient
- 2013 Presidential Circle Award
- 2014 Leading Edge Society
- 2014 4th Quarter Gross Commission Income in Alabama 2nd Place